Smart Speaker | Full Working Prototype

Here is a video of the whole thing working:

The whole system works! If you look at this post, which basically shows the whole thing can be battery powered as well. The following photos show the way the cable is run out the back of the housing. Both sets of the 3 wires are tied together and then to the output of the digital pot:

Contrary to what I thought, the 10k ohm digital pot can change the volume just fine! To be safe though, I ordered an SPI digital Pot that can do 50k ohm resistance.

Here is the new working version of the code as well:

The only difference between this one and the last version I posted was the height of the check value. I made it further away from the sensor.

Before the code is “finished” I would like to add a few things. The first being an averaging loop in the raw input ; instead of just using variations of map(analogRead(IR_rangefinder),20,600,0,9); each time, I’d like to maybe write my own function that is more general for assigning comparison. The downside to this however is that it may slow things down and the top priority with this project is keeping it fast and accurate.

Hey! This post was written a long time ago, but I'm leaving it up on the off-chance it may help someone. Proceed with caution. It may not be a good idea to blindly integrate this code or work into your project, but instead use it as a starting point.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.